Robo-Met Publications in 2018
January 16, 2019
2018 brought plenty of publications featuring Robo-Met.3D® material testing technology! Take a look at some of the 3D material characterization system's applications in the past year, from analyzing additively manufactured alloys, to structural metal testing, to verifying non-destructive testing, to composite testing, to materials analysis for bearings and welds. You'll also find a few articles where Robo-Met was mentioned among other material analysis techniques.
Contact us to learn more about how you can use Robo-Met to get the material insights you need today!
Sundar, V., Turner, B., Ganti, S., & Davis, W. (2018). Light Optical Microscopy Based Automated 3D Serial Sectioning Enables Defect Analysis in Large Volumes of Additively Manufactured Alloy Samples. Microscopy and Microanalysis, 24(S1), 554-555.
Rowenhorst, D. J., Nguyen, L., & Fonda, R. W. (2018). 3D Analysis of Large Volumes Through Automated Serial Sectioning. Microscopy and Microanalysis, 24(S1), 552-553.
- Na, T. W., Cho, D. H., Park, C. S., Park, J. T., Han, H. N., & Hwang, N. M. (2018). Comparison of three-dimensional morphologies of abnormally growing grains between Monte Carlo simulations and experiments of Fe-3% Si steel. Materials Characterization, 144, 239-246.
- Lee, Y. S., Cha, J. H., Kim, S. H., Lim, C. Y., Kim, H. W., & Kim, H. S. (2018). Modification of eutectic Mg2Si in AlMg5Si2Mn alloy by pre-homogenization deformation treatment with different reduction conditions. Materials Characterization, 141, 388-397.
- Jung, J. G., Ahn, T. Y., Cho, Y. H., Kim, S. H., & Lee, J. M. (2018). Synergistic effect of ultrasonic melt treatment and fast cooling on the refinement of primary Si in a hypereutectic Al–Si alloy. Acta Materialia, 144, 31-40.
- Kim, M. S., Kim, S. H., & Kim, H. W. (2018). Deformation-induced center segregation in twin-roll cast high-Mg Al–Mg strips. Scripta Materialia, 152, 69-73.
- Turner, Bryan, Satya Ganti, Bill Davis, and Veeraraghavan Sundar. Automated Optical Serial Sectioning Analysis of Phases in a Medium Carbon Steel. TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, pp. 453-459. Springer, Cham, 2018.
- Schumacher, D., Meyendorf, N., Hakim, I., & Ewert, U. (2018, April). Defect recognition in CFRP components using various NDT methods within a smart manufacturing process. AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 1949, No. 1, p. 020024). AIP Publishing.
- Hakim, I., Schumacher, D., Sundar, V., Donaldson, S., Creuz, A., Schneider, R., & Meyendorf, N. (2018, April). Volume imaging NDE and serial sectioning of carbon fiber composites. AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 1949, No. 1, p. 120003). AIP Publishing.
- Wallentine, S. M., & Uchic, M. D. (2018, April). A study on ground truth data for impact damaged polymer matrix composites. AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 1949, No. 1, p. 120002). AIP Publishing.
- Yu, H., Guo, D., Yan, Z., Liu, W., Simmons, J., Przybyla, C. P., & Wang, S. (2018). Unsupervised Learning for Large-Scale Fiber Detection and Tracking in Microscopic Material Images. arXiv preprint arXiv:1805.10256.
- Yu, H., Sun, Y., Zhou, Y., Simmons, J., Przybyla, C. P., & Wang, S. (2018). Simultaneous Tracking and Registration in SiC/SiC Serial Section Images. Microscopy and Microanalysis, 24(S1), 570-571.
- King, D. S., Watts, J. L., Cissel, K. S., Kadhim, A. H., Hilmas, G. E., & Fahrenholtz, W. G. (2018). Solidification of welded SiC–ZrB2–ZrC ceramics. Journal of the American Ceramic Society.
- Wang, T., Komarasamy, M., Liu, K., & Mishra, R. S. (2018). Friction stir butt welding of strain-hardened aluminum alloy with high strength steel. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 737, 85-89.
- Ganti, S., Turner, B., Kirsch, M., Anthony, D., McCoy, B., Trivedi, H., & Sundar, V. (2018). Three-dimensional (3D) analysis of white etching bands (WEBs) in AISI M50 bearing steel using automated serial sectioning. Materials Characterization.
- Mücklich, F., Engstler, M., Britz, D., & Gola, J. (2018). Serial Sectioning Techniques–a Versatile Method for Three-Dimensional Microstructural Imaging. Practical Metallography, 55(8), 569-578.
- Cooper, A. J., Tuck, O. C. G., Burnett, T. L., & Sherry, A. H. (2018). A statistical assessment of ductile damage in 304L stainless steel resolved using X-ray computed tomography. Materials Science and Engineering: A, 728, 218-230.
- Ales, T. K. (2018). An integrated model for the probabilistic prediction of yield strength in electron-beam additively manufactured Ti-6Al-4V.
- Madej, L., Legwand, A., Mojzeszko, M., Chraponski, J., Roskosz, S., & Cwajna, J. (2018). Experimental and numerical two-and three-dimensional investigation of porosity morphology of the sintered metallic material. Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, 18(4), 1520-1534.
- Bagri, A., Weber, G., Stinville, J. C., Lenthe, W., Pollock, T., Woodward, C., & Ghosh, S. (2018). Microstructure and property-based statistically equivalent representative volume elements for polycrystalline Ni-based superalloys containing annealing twins. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 49(11), 5727-5744.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to stay in the loop!