Robo-Met Publications in 2019
April 17, 2019
2019 has brought some great publications featuring Robo-Met.3D® materials characterization! Check out the 3D materials analysis system's applications so far this year, and check back here from time-to-time as more Robo-Met insights get published. Contact us to learn more about how you can use Robo-Met to get the material insights you need today.
Chapman, M. G., Uchic, M. D., Scott, J. M., Shah, M. N., Donegan, S. P., Shade, P. A., ... & Cox, M. E. (2019). 3D Reconstruction of an Additive Manufactured IN625 Tensile Sample Using Serial Sectioning and Multi-Modal Characterization. Microscopy and Microanalysis, 25(S2), 342-343.
- Kim, M. S., Kim, H. W., Kim, S. H., & Kumai, S. (2019). Role of Roll Separating Force in High-Speed Twin-Roll Casting of Aluminum Alloys. Metals, 9(6), 645.
- Shin, E. E. (2019). Pot-ability Assessment of Litz Wires for High Power Density Electric Motor. In AIAA Propulsion and Energy 2019 Forum (p. 4508).
- Ganti, S., Reed, R., Davis, W. S., & Sundar, V. (2019). Three-Dimensional (3D) Analysis of Inclusions in Structural Alloys with Automated Serial Sectioning. Microscopy and Microanalysis, 25(S2), 432-433.
- Sherman, S., Simmons, J., & Przybyla, C. (2019). Mesoscale Characterization of Continuous Fiber Reinforced Composites Through Machine Learning: Fiber Chirality. Acta Materialia.
- Christian, W. J. R., Dvurecenska, K., Amjad, K., Przybyla, C., & Patterson, E. A. (2019). Machine vision characterisation of the 3D microstructure of ceramic matrix composites. Journal of Composite Materials, 0021998319826355.
- Amjad, K., Christian, W. J. R., Dvurecenska, K., Chapman, M. G., Uchic, M. D., Przybyla, C. P., & Patterson, E. A. (2019). Computationally efficient method of tracking fibres in composite materials using digital image correlation. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 105683.
- Boyce, B. L., & Uchic, M. D. (2019). Progress toward autonomous experimental systems for alloy development. MRS Bulletin, 44(4), 273-280.
- Kalidindi, S. R., Khosravani, A., Yucel, B., Shanker, A., & Blekh, A. L. (2019). Data Infrastructure Elements in Support of Accelerated Materials Innovation: ELA, PyMKS, and MATIN. Integrating Materials and Manufacturing Innovation, 1-14.
Serial Sectioning for Validating CT and other NDE Results
In 2020, our collaborators and we will present an exciting series of works exploring the accuracy of currently used nondestructive evaluation methods for additively manufactured materials. Robo-Met.3D is a ground-truth validation method for AM materials. The upcoming research demonstrates how it can be used to better understand the limitations of NDE methods such as CT, and how to improve the reconstruction algorithms used in CT for more accurate insights.
Watch for presentations and publications at TMS, AeroMat and MS&T in 2020 to learn more about our findings.
Want to talk about how Robo-Met's potential for your specific application?